“THE FUTURE IS NOT SOME PLACE WE ARE GOING, BUT ONE WE ARE CREATING.”
JOHN H. SCHAAR
You are invited to participate in this exciting collective and creative project dedicated to document the plague of plastic and garbage on the beaches around the world.
Next summer 2017 we will do an exhibition with the collected photos. I will personally take care of the production costs, I will find the space for exhibiting the work and I will also take care of promoting the event. You just have to take a photo and upload it to this facebook group.
Go ahead, the project needs you and your heart is asking for it.
EDITOR, PHOTOGRAPHER, LOCAL ECONOMY PUBLICIST AND CITIZEN OF THE WORLD.
You only need a beach (or a river), a bag to put the trash into and a camera, with the one in you phone is more than enough.
1. Treat yourself with a walk on the beach. Put inside your bag all the trash debris scattered around that you’ll find along the way.
2. Make a generic photo of the beach to show the beautiful surroundings.
3. At the endo of your walk empty the contents of the bag on the floor.
4. Arrange the contents of the bag experimenting with your creativity.
5. Take a picture of the result by placing the camera directly above your composition, presenting what you found as if you were a forensic doctor or an anthropologist.
6. Put the trash in the bag and throw it in a dustbin.
7. Post the photo on our facebook page with the date, duration of the walk, distance wallked, the name of the beach and where the beach is located.
Among other things, this project wants to:
– Motivate you creatively.
– Raise awareness of this pest we have created called pollution.
– Send a positive message. We can and we must do something. Small efforts can generate big changes.
– Encourage people to participate in keeping the environment clean.