1. Did you know that washing your clothes with cold water saves 90 % of energy you expend the washer with hot water? The cold water makes your clothes are brighter and just as clean ! Reduce energy use only washing with the washer full.
2. Get take home green energy without pollution may be possible. Som Energia , Zencer and Goiener are some of the cooperatives that provide renewable energy in Spain . To hire a fee with some of these organizations often get an initial requirement that you become a member and pay a single fee, refundable in most of them. Being a member of a cooperative not only allows you to hire renewable energy, but gives rise to joint ownership .
3. Buy a battery support to manage electricity appliances plugged in but not in use. Did you know that 3/4 of the electricity used average home is consumed by products plugged knew, but that are not being used? This can save up to 200 euros on your bill.
4. Change the main house bulbs light bulbs or LEDs with high help us save, consume less energy and pollute less.
5. Turn off the tap when you are brushing your teeth, washing hands, etc. An open tap when brushing your teeth can spend two to three liters per minute, close the tap when not in use and now water.
6. Drink tap water in Tarifa tap water is pure, clean, fresh and without calories. It’s good for the environment and your wallet. Did you know that the oil used to produce bottled water in Spain could supply fuel over 200,000 cars for a year? Bottled water can cost around 800 euros per year while tap water is much more economical and helps the environment. A simple plastic bottle to decompose may take some two thousand years, seeping into the ground and contaminating the ecosystem.
7. Buy green cleaning products. Most cleaning products contain toxic chemicals that harm the environment and endanger their health. The green cleaning products as effectively clean without toxins. You can also make your own green cleaning products at home by simply mixing ingredients like baking soda, lemon and white vinegar.
8. Brush with paints with low or no volatile organic compounds. Normal paint has among its more than 300 compounds toxins such as metals, solvents and fungicides. Pick when buying paints low in toxins, it is healthier for you and for the environment.
9. Try to put the dishwasher with a full load to save energy.
10. Propaganda mail. More than one million tons of paper is used to produce the 12 billion propaganda leaflets they receive each year the Spaniards. Take just a little time to remove your name from mailing records so they can help save trees.
11. Make a study of energy expenditure. You can do a review of the energy consumed at home and save on areas where it is not necessary or where use can be improved.
12. Consumption with reduced flow. The average water consumption in households is 300 liters per day, if the toilet low flow is installed and shower heads and faucets are replaced can save many liters of water as well as water and energy heater.
13. Use the Online newspapers, if you enjoy reading print newspapers, read them at a local library. Try to dry your clothes clean so you do not have to use energy to it.
14. Water conservation. Try to wash your car in a car wash that recycles water. If you wash yourself using a bucket and sponge and rinse with moderation. The best time to bring water to irrigate plants or is at night because evaporation is minimized. If installed on all taps a head reduced flow will save between 12 and 16 liters per minute.
15. Choose a place to live that reduce the need to drive, with easy access to public transportation, bike lanes, close to work and business. Turn off the lights during the day. Encourage family members whether to turn off the lights when they leave a room. If you live in a hot climate paints house with light colors and dark colors used for cold climates. Avoid in most possible processed or packaged food. Try not to use fertilizer in the garden.
16. Buy your food at local stores, so you will help reduce CO2 and prevent climate change.